CCB Ministry to the Sick and Homebound
“The concern that Christ showed for the bodily and spiritual welfare of those who are ill is continued by the Church in its ministry to the sick. This ministry is the common responsibility of all Christians, who should visit the sick, remember them in prayer, and celebrate the sacraments with them.”
— From Pastoral Care of the Sick
Our Mission Statement
To bring the love of Christ to the elderly, homebound and sick members of the Catholic Community of Billerica with dignity and respect; offer compassionate care; and to encourage a sense of belonging and connection to the Body of Christ through Eucharist and the people of God.
Visitors to the homebound, whether it is a temporary or long-term need, provide a vital outreach between parish life and those unable to attend liturgies. Our ministers offer Holy Eucharist and pastoral companionship. A typical home visit is about 15-25 minutes.
The Catholic Community of Billerica provides pastoral visitation to not only the homebound in their own homes, but in several living centers in Billerica – LifeCare, Brightview and Billerica Crossings.
If you, or someone you know, would like to receive a visit from a pastoral visitor please call St. Theresa Rectory at 978-663-8816 and ask to be connected to Adrienne Cullen at ext. 112.
Is God Calling You?
- As baptized Christians, we are all called by Jesus to ministry. God may be calling you to serve His people as a pastoral visitor to the sick and homebound.
- As a pastoral visitor you will bring the spiritual and healing comfort of the Lord through the Eucharist, and in the time that you spend with the people whom you visit. Through these visits, you will also receive personal spiritual enrichment.
- How can I become a Pastoral Visitor?
- Any faith-filled and compassionate adult parishioner, over 18 and confirmed, who desires to bring Christ to the sick and homebound can be trained to be a pastoral visitor. All volunteers are required to submit a CORI as well.
- If you are not already an Extraordinary Minister of the Eucharist we will provide training, as well as a workshop on pastoral visitation.
- If you feel you are being called to this beautiful ministry or have additional questions, please contact our Pastoral Associate, Adrienne Cullen at 978-663-8816 ext. 112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.