Masses & Reconciliation
St. Matthew the Evangelist Parish
Our weekend Mass schedule is (as of Jan. 16, 2022):
- Saturday 4pm at St. Theresa Church*
- Sunday 8am at St. Andrew Church
- Sunday 10am at St. Theresa Church*
- Sunday 11am at St. Andrew Church
- Sunday 5pm at St. Theresa Church*
* – COVID-protocol seating available in the side sections. Masks are required and every other pew is closed off to better enable social distancing. Those sitting in these sections are expected to social distance in their pew from others not in their household. Click here to see our COVID Pandemic protocols.
We recognize that, given the ongoing pandemic, not everyone is ready to be in a public indoor space like Church. We added Masses in January 2022 in order to give those attending an opportunity to spread out more. When you are ready to return, our community is ready with room for you!
We offer Masses each weekday:
- Monday 8:30am at St. Theresa Church
- Tuesday 12:05pm at St. Andrew Church
- Wednesday 8:30am at St. Theresa Church
- Thursday 8:30am at St. Theresa Church
- Friday 12:05pm at St. Andrew Church
- Saturday 8:30am at St. Theresa Church
Reconciliation (Penance, Confession):
We also offer the sacrament of Reconciliation (also known as Penance or Confession) each Saturday at 2pm at St. Theresa Church , or by appointment (call 978-663-8816). The Reconciliation room at St. Theresa is handicapped accessible, centrally located in town, and offers the most space for an enclosed room (for pandemic protocol).
For information about First Reconciliation, or helpful aides if it has been a while since you have experienced the Sacrament of Reconciliation, please click here.
Reconciliation during Lent:
Tuesdays 6:30-8:00pm at St. Theresa Church
March 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12
Praying the Mass from Home
For outdoor Masses, please visit Our Lady Comforter of the Afflicted in Waltham.
Please note: As of the weekend of June 19, 2021, the dispensation from the obligation for coming to Sunday Mass was lifted. As always, if you are feeling ill, please remain home.
(last updated 3/1/2022)